A CDN enables users and managers of content to access it with high availability and performance. A good CDN can effectively serve all types of Internet content any time and any where such as social networks, live streaming and downloadable media, applications for mobile and not so mobile devices, electronic commerce, scripts, voice, and text.
Seven is a lovely number. Repeat a short important phrase seven times, and one is more likely to remember it. Diverse creation of Earth descriptions give the number of days as 7. There are 7 days in a week, 7 notes on a musical scale, and 7 physical directions of left, right, up, down, back, forward and center. But, there are also seven top benefits of a content delivery network.
- A CDN reduces on inside telecommunications infrastructure. The deep caching of content reduces the travel distance of voice and video media. Realize much less "buffering" and other irritating issues.
- A CDN reduces bandwidth costs. Good CDNs offload traffic directly from content providers' start point to user no matter where the user is.
- A CDN decreases page load time. One of the fastest ways to lose a current or potential customer, subscriber or web visitor is for the organization's webpage to take more than 3 seconds, according to a 2011 KISSmetrics sutdy.
- A CDN can make content available more globally. Servers of content are distributed among different IP addresses, sometimes via dedicated servers AND peer and user devices as is needed.
- A CDN makes the upload, download and streaming of video and audio, online users' favorite media, a better experience. People use video to sell, inform, persuade, entertain, teach, and learn. How aggravating to wait and wait for lags to finish and dropped network to recover!
- A CDN provides some protection from DDoS attacks. The larger than traditional and more distributed infrastructure can easily absorb and squelch attack traffic.
- A CDN makes available better, more detailed and diverse reporting. A variety of patterns can become known which may lead to discovery of real trends, more sales, and better processes for organizations.